Mailart & ArtByMail // open_calls & exhibitions repository
// when submitting artwork to the address listed as SUBMISSION ADDRESS in each open call, all artists are kindly requested to provide, by email or traditional snail mail, the following information
artist > profile picture | name | brief bio | email address | website | address
artwork > title | media details | brief text
// while addressing the artwork it is also important to identify it with the #open_call_name since the receiver may be hosting several open calls at the same time
☑ use the ballot box to check out stuff
Arnolfini Mini[e]MailArt No56. Hidak / Bridges
1. Save the mma file into your computer.
2. Open it using a graphics program.
3. Create artwork.
4. Save changes.
5. Send your work by email.
Call For Mail Art
6th electronic call for Postal Art Procedimentum 2022
LISTEN ARTWORK AT » https://nubla.bandcamp.com/music
A multimedia catalog will be published in PDF format as an annex to number 11 of the Magazine-fanzine Procedimentum. Number 11 of the Magazine-fanzine Procedimentum will be published in January 2022.
TODAY I SENT A BANANA TO RAY JOHNSON FOR THE 59TH INTERNATIONAL BIENNIAL OF VENICE 2022
III 20VEINTE – of pandemic and other demons
4th "Estoy acá para vos"
Lies My Family Tell
Mail Art – Deaf/taub
Everyone involved with the topic of deafness is invited to take part.
For almost two centuries the train was much more than a means of transport traveling between books, music, pictures, films, and utopias. It was the industrial revolution that put the train on the tracks.
The steam engine and the need to transport more and more cargo and people took the creation of the first train in 1825. In Portugal, the train would arrive thirty years later with the connection between Lisbon and Carregado.
The train is also an important element of the culture of the industrial world, even appearing as a centerpiece in the futuristic manifesto published in 1909. The locomotive is the symbol of the path to the future.
In literature, we can find the train on the pages of Georges Simenon, Agatha Christie, or Eça de Queiroz, among others. In the music of Zeca Afonso, Glenn Miller, Duke Ellington, or Bob Dylan you can also hear the rhythms of the train.
The train is also a centerpiece in many films, so much so that one of the first films shown by the Lumière brothers showed the arrival of one of them at a station. They are proof that the train can travel far beyond it's rails ...
Now i want the train enter in MailArt
Paint Your Own Mail Art Masterpiece
This call is for the second Paint-Your-Own Masterpieces video, to be posted on the project's blog. Submissions are due on December 31 2021, or before, for inclusion in the video. You must start or include the original image of the Mona Lisa paint-by-number in some way - the video experience is meant to be an evolving image so consistency is needed. Pieces that do not include the Mona Lisa paint-by-number will not be included in the video but will appear on the blog, as well as any late arrivals.
TAOYS The art of your sketchbooks
Viseu Garden - City
Quinta da Cruz - Centro de Arte Contemporânea is located at Viseu – Portugal, and was created as a dynamic center for art, culture, and identity. It is a cultural space oriented towards the exhibition of contemporary art, to the development of artistic practices, and is perceived as an engine of local artistic promotion. Intended for public enjoyment, culture, and leisure, it is integrated into a wide green space of excellence and remarkable biodiversity.
The Mail Art project promotes the democratic participation of artistic practices, through the reactivation of an expression that had its peak, in an alternative way to the conventional means of art exhibitions, in the 60s / 70s. Annually, an international open call is created and an exhibition is held with the received artwork.
It furthermore legitimates, that artistic production is a preponderant expression for the creation of dialogue spaces, places of "rupture", reinvention and boldness. Through this call, the transformative, inclusive and participatory role of art is implicit. The route of these works is interpreted and intervened throughout this postal journey. More than an annual call, this project claims a model of collaborative work with the goal of constituting and giving visibility to collections of this nature.
In 2021, VISEU values natural attributes and the relationship with the “environment”. The IV OPEN CALL is directed to the theme VISEU Garden - City.
We launch an invitation to artists and to everyone else interested in Mail Art to send their artwork and join in the IV Edition of this open call. Only artwork received by traditional snail mail will be displayed. We hope to receive drawings, collages, stamps, visual poetry, among others, at Quinta da Cruz - Contemporary Art Center of Viseu.
• Only one side of the artwork will be displayed.
• Artwork considered obscene or offensive will be excluded.
• All artwork, even those received after the deadline, will integrate the Quinta da Cruz Museum collection and may be exhibited at future Mail Art events.
• Artwork received after the submission deadline will not be part of the current open call.
• All artists are kindly requested to provide, by email or traditional snail mail, the following information for means of public display: artist > profile picture | name | brief bio | email address | website | address // artwork > title | media details | brief text
• All received content will also be displayed online at the digital platform www.quintadacruz.yzonk.com.
• During the exhibition, we will promote workshops entitled "Give and Receive" where artistic objects inspired by the received artwork will be created, with the purpose of being randomly offered to the public that visits this exhibition and / or sent to participating artists.
• Artists who do not wish to disclose private information, such as name or postal address, should not include them in their correspondence.
• If sending from abroad we advise you to add the words "SEM VALOR COMERCIAL" to avoid customs delay.
• No return | No jury | Free technique
precise exhibition date to be set further on
this project has YZONK’s and Monsenhor enVide neFelibata’s support
Self-care and Care for Others: Mail Art Project
MAILART CALL FOR SINGULAR SUBJECT
What? Does it go through the mail? Do we have the right to send this?! And even that! Mailart with objects always raises a lot of questions and exclamations. I am calling for a singular object. Sort through your cabinets and send me a more or less flat object that might be exposed! Do not wrap it, please!